1/2 cup canola oil
4 lbs ground beef
1 cup good olive oil
1 head of garlic
1 large onion
4 tablespoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons dried red chilies
1 liter beef stock
2 cups milk
4 egg yolks
1 bunch parsley
1 box of oven ready lasagna noodles
3 lbs mozzarella
250-gram wedge of Parmesan cheese
1. Set stove top to high heat. In a large, deep cast iron or enamel pot (like a Le Creuset), pour canola oil to cover the bottom of the pot. Add the ground beef. Once the bottom is browned, continue stirring until all beef is brown— not grey—and is boiling.
2. While the beef is browning, dice the garlic into a mince. Add a pinch of salt and rub your knife against it to break it down into a paste. Grate the carrot. Chop the onion into a small dice. Add the olive oil into a saucepan and sauté vegetables over medium heat until you see some caramelization (brown, but not dark brown). Once that happens, add the tomato paste and cook for another five minutes to get that raw tomato taste out of there.
3. Combine veggies and tomato paste to the beef. Stir and combine to make a beautiful mix. At this point, add the chili flakes and beef stock. Bring to a boil and reduce to let everything come together nicely. This should take 15 minutes. Stir every 3-5 minutes so nothing burns.
4. Once the stock has reduced down (you’re looking for a thick sauce), add half of the milk. Reduce it down, then add the rest of the milk and reduce. Take off the heat and add the three egg yolks. Stir that in and let it emulsify into the meat. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust as necessary.
5. Dice the parsley. Now it’s time to assemble the lasagna. Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
6. Ladle the meat sauce onto the bottom of your casserole dish, then lay down noodles, then another layer of meat sauce, then layer your cheese, then noodle and so on until your dish is full. Add chopped parsley to the middle layer and add grated part on the top layer.
7. Place casserole dish on a baking tray so no cheese drips over the sides and burns the bottom of the oven. Cook until golden brown on top (30-35 minutes).
8. Once its golden brown, bring it to your counter and let rest for 15 minutes. Cut into squares and serve with a salad or something that will cut this meat and cheese party.
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 (24-oz.) container 4% small-curd cottage cheese
1 (16-oz.) container ricotta cheese
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup refrigerated pesto
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups (10 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 (24-oz.) jars tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare noodles according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, stir together cottage cheese and next 4 ingredients. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
3. Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 6 to 7 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce.
4. Layer 1 cup beef mixture, 3 noodles, and 2 1/2 cups cottage cheese mixture in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, 2 cups beef mixture, and 3 more noodles. Top with remaining cottage cheese mixture, 3 noodles, and beef mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake, covered, at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes or until cheese is browned. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Note: Freeze unbaked lasagna up to 3 months. To bake, thaw in refrigerator 24 hours. Let stand 30 minutes; bake as directed. We tested with Classico Di Napoli Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce and both LeGrand Garden Pesto and Buitoni Reduced Fat Pesto with Basil.
salmon-recipes, pancake recipe, Thanksgiving dessert recipes , casserole recipes, Christmas cookie recipes, recipes of turkey, how to cook a turkey, banana bread recipe ,crepe recipe, pumpkin seed recipe, snickerdoodle recipe, ground turkey recipes , sweet potato recipe, pad thai recipe, dinner ideas , things for dinner, Ratatouille Recipe, risotto recipe, creme brulee recipe, brussel sprouts recipe, gnocchi recipe, green bean recipes, 30 Minute Meals, curry chicken recipe, rotisserie chicken recipes, chicken cutlet recipes, whole chicken recipes, lemon chicken recipe, crock pot chicken recipes, chicken drumstick recipes, chicken parmesan